BULLEIT FRONTIER WHISKEY UNVEILS WHISKEY & WINGS SERIES
Diageo Reserve’s award-winning Kentucky whiskey, Bulleit Bourbon, has announced a Whiskey & Wings partnership series in collaboration with leading restaurants in London, in May.
Bulleit Frontier Whiskey has worked with the five venues to develop bespoke chicken wing recipes to perfectly match a Whiskey Sour serve crafted by the flavour experts at World of Zing. Participating restaurants include renowned fried chicken restaurant Bird, Ramen specialists Tonkotsu, guilt-free fried chicken experts Clutch Chicken, the home of modern Thai food, Rosa’s Thai Cafe plus an at-home experience, delivery only restaurant – Twisted London. The Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey Sours include; the Yuzu Bourbon Sour, Pandan Bourbon Sour and Sour Chicken Wing cocktail. The series will be rolled out across multiple locations in the city from Wednesday 1st May.
Jenna Ba, Bulleit Brand Ambassador at Diageo Reserve GB commented: “Bulleit is a complex and versatile bourbon and there was a clear opportunity to harness its distinctive high rye flavour profile through pairing chicken wings with whiskey cocktails. With the perfect mix of savoury, fat, heat and sweet; glazed chicken wings and bourbon are the ultimate combination of the American south. In London we are spoiled with diversity of global spices and flavour influences, hence partnering with some of the city’s favourite, fun restaurants for an offering that connects people who share a love for bourbon and good food. Whiskey sour, the most prominent and endearing type of sour cocktail is the perfect accompaniment for food’’
Pritesh Mody, World of Zing founder commented: “With a world class pre-batch facility allowing us to create a bespoke set of cocktails, World of Zing has been able to design and produce Bulleit Bourbon specific serves that perfectly pair with these diverse flavour profiles provided by the partner restaurants. The venues will benefit from bespoke handcrafted cocktails that are both simple to serve and consistent across all of their venues, ensuring the best possible customer experience. This enables us to offer amazing Bulleit cocktails utilising its iconic spicy notes perfectly marrying all of the flavours together to meet the growing demand to pair food with a cocktail.”
Available throughout the month of May, the Whiskey & Wings series will be running in multiple restaurants across London. For £10, customers can enjoy a bespoke pairing of a Bulleit cocktails and wings.
- Tonkotsu: Yuzu Bourbon Sour, a classic bourbon whiskey sour with a Japanese twist, including zesty yuzu and umami-rich black sesame served alongside Tonkotsu’s signature Eat The Bits Wings dish
- Bird: Classic bourbon and ginger pairing with a citrus twist paired with fiery wings
- Rosa’s Thai Cafe: The Pandan Bourbon Sour, the vanilla notes of Bulleit Bourbon are enriched with pandan leaf syrup whilst the refreshing citrus flavours are given a subtle complexity with the addition of coriander bitters – served with Thai sticky tamarind wings
- Clutch Chicken: The Sour Wing cocktail garnished with a signature Bulleit honey butter glazed chicken wing has been mixed with apple brandy, kumquat marmalade and burnt orange flavour from a dash of Amer Picon, resulting in a silky soft quaffable drink.
- Twisted London: The delivery only restaurant will be offering traditional Korean Boneless Wings alongside a tangy Black Cherry Bourbon Sour boasting a zingy, sharp twist on the traditional Bulleit Sour.
To coincide with the Whiskey & Wings Month, a series of events will take place:
- Wednesday 1st May – Whiskey & Wings Tour
To kick off the launch, Bulleit has arranged a Whiskey & Wings Tour hosted by the UK’s original Wing King and foremost wingspert, Richard Thacker founder of London Wing Fest. The whiskey-themed tour, will be taking place in East London location Shoreditch, where whiskey and wing fanatics will visit three Whiskey & Winglocations in close proximity (Tonkotsu, Bird and Rosa’s Thai) and be able to immerse themselves in the Frontier flavour exploration by enjoying each tasty wing and sour combo one after the other.
Tickets available via Eventbrite.
- Monday 6th May – Wings of the World Banquet at Clutch Chicken
The celebrations will continue into the early May bank holiday with the Wings of the World Banquet at Clutch Chicken, the home of guilt-free fried chicken, on Monday 6th May. Starting at 2.00pm, guests will be greeted in true Kentucky style, with a refreshing Iced Tea before they can discover an all you can eat selection of internationally inspired wings, to satisfy those meaty cravings. The delectable chicken wings will include iconic flavours such as a soy glaze and a fiery naga spicy chilli as well as a bespoke Bulleit honey butter glaze. All wings will be served alongside a selection of Bulleit Whiskey Sours including, a nutty whiskey Sour, a fresh basil and zingy pineapple Sour and last but not least, the Hero kumquat sour, which is garnished with its very own Bulleit honey butter glazed wing.
Limited tickets will be available for purchase through Eventbrite. Each ticket costs £37.90 this will include ‘all you can eat’ chicken wings, three delicious Bulleit Whiskey Sour cocktails and a seat at the Wings of the World Banquet.
For more Whiskey & Wings glory follow the @BulleitWhiskey Instagram channel and check out the hashtags #WhiskeyandWings and #BulleitWhiskey.